Friday, June 13, 2008

Last translations

Warning, no QCs (Quality Checks) below this line:


The Lord King by Isutoshi [redone]
https://mega.co.nz/#!FVcRGRhB!0fJxyjgU-J7nxbYNBG6GvS4VbWN4X1HVCevmosNyKW8
Bad Communication by Mitarashi Kousei
https://mega.co.nz/#!tMtQ0QSC!zMuExxIt3q8kGUG8BksJ7FA_V6q1XbB5s4CRD_0WBMM

1 comment:

dj said...

sling,

i saw your work on 'Zero', the little oneshot from Comic Megaplus, and I could tell right away that you did quick translations, probably as you typeset. but, well, i'm the kind of guy who when i see raw talent, says, 'goddamn that's pretty, but it could be more refined'.
so, basically, i want to help you out however i can. my typesetting isn't great (i can only do some basic font effects, cleaning, and a major sound effect written over complex drawing I just don't touch), and I'm not nearly as good at Japanese as I should be, but I do know the grammar (it's the vocab that I'm weak at). Also, I edit / quality check J->Eng translations almost all the time because of my job and hobby. I also have work editing English literature done by native speakers.

the thing i don't know about is your timetable, how you work. if you just grab a manga and start translating as you go, it's going to be hard for me to be able to check it. but if you're willing to wait a day or two (depending on the time difference, I'm in Japan, don't know about you), then I'd like to help.

send me an e-mail. i've only been in Japan for a month, and the fuckheads at NTT are dragging their feet about getting me an internet connect of my own, so I leech a weak connect when I can get it. That'll hopefully straighten out soon though... I'm on IRC, MSN, and whatever I need to be on just about all the time I'm online.
but for now an e-mail is probably best. masamune@hentaitraders.com

let me know what you think.
-masa