hellow Sling! I have all of your files, all of them are on mediafire. The purpose is just to have mirror links of them. Here is the sharekey link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=61179b3eb9308eae4012e8015643d9c8925f3b203e984e7e
Hello. I'm planning to tranlate this manga into russian, so I need two things: 1.) permission to use your english translation (I'll keep the credit page almost untouched, just add my name on the clean part of the page); 2.) if possible, more information about that "-su" thing, 'couse I have a hard time thinking of a russian equivalent or even finding information about it.
And, I'd still appriciate a, maybe, wikipedia link about that words, that some characters add to the end of the sentence or at least how are they called. Just curious. :)
"-su" is a speech mannerism used by Japanese youngsters to make them sound tough. It's a slang variant from "desu". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copula_(linguistics)
As for "yo", it's an American slang interjection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo
One last thing. On the last page that E-ji sayng something like "Brimming with vigor...". It sounded kinda strange, so I tried to tranlsate it myself ang got the feeling that he was trying to say that he understood why she was so impatient/obscessed to have sex with him, since she said that she didn't came back forever, she just made a stop on her journey. I wonder if that's right. And if it is, can you phrase it in english?
I don't see E-ji mentioning sex. My understanding is that he sees that she's impatient, that she can't stay still, that she's overflowing with energy. A possible variation would be like: "Are you in such a hurry to leave already?"
I see. I started thinking like that because of that "sorede" word, wich I guess means "that's why..." and would show, that he understood something about her past beheviour, right?
I'd translate sorede as: "and / thus / so". By the way, this is not something he tells her, it's something he thinks. He thinks: "(And then,) in such a hurry to leave already?" My understanding is that he's explaining why she must leave. And that the reason is that she's restless, that she can't stay still.
16 comments:
hellow Sling! I have all of your files, all of them are on mediafire. The purpose is just to have mirror links of them. Here is the sharekey link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=61179b3eb9308eae4012e8015643d9c8925f3b203e984e7e
and here are my forum topics:
http://forums.hentaitraders.com/index.php?topic=1391.0
http://www.hentaigeeks.com/hentai_forum/index.php?showtopic=52260
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99265
http://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=14491
I hope all of my efforts contribute to you! I respect all the Japanese to English translators! More Power to you Sling!!!
The title is a parody of Return of Ultraman? I've got to see this one, thank you, Sling!
this is great!
the girl is so funny
thanks a lot sling and
keep up the good work!
luv ya! bye
Thanks, jo!
Hello.
I'm planning to tranlate this manga into russian, so I need two things:
1.) permission to use your english translation (I'll keep the credit page almost untouched, just add my name on the clean part of the page);
2.) if possible, more information about that "-su" thing, 'couse I have a hard time thinking of a russian equivalent or even finding information about it.
*translate
slffix
>permission to use your english translation
I don't mind.
>if possible, more information about that "-su" thing
I explained it in my Translator Notes. But you can skip all those "-su"'s, they are -not- needed.
Most of the explanation was about -yo, but... well, I guess, I'll just skip them. Thanks.
And, I'd still appriciate a, maybe, wikipedia link about that words, that some characters add to the end of the sentence or at least how are they called. Just curious. :)
"-su" is a speech mannerism used by Japanese youngsters to make them sound tough. It's a slang variant from "desu".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copula_(linguistics)
As for "yo", it's an American slang interjection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo
Thanks a lot.
One last thing.
On the last page that E-ji sayng something like "Brimming with vigor...". It sounded kinda strange, so I tried to tranlsate it myself ang got the feeling that he was trying to say that he understood why she was so impatient/obscessed to have sex with him, since she said that she didn't came back forever, she just made a stop on her journey.
I wonder if that's right. And if it is, can you phrase it in english?
I don't see E-ji mentioning sex.
My understanding is that he sees that she's impatient, that she can't stay still, that she's overflowing with energy.
A possible variation would be like:
"Are you in such a hurry to leave already?"
I see. I started thinking like that because of that "sorede" word, wich I guess means "that's why..." and would show, that he understood something about her past beheviour, right?
I'd translate sorede as: "and / thus / so".
By the way, this is not something he tells her, it's something he thinks. He thinks: "(And then,) in such a hurry to leave already?"
My understanding is that he's explaining why she must leave. And that the reason is that she's restless, that she can't stay still.
I see... Thanks.
Post a Comment